Terms & Policies
Must be accepted by all students, parents, carers or legal guardians.
1. Clients are invoiced for one full term, which can be paid in full or two half termly instalments. All fees are non-refundable and discounts or refunds will not be given for classes missed by the pupil, unless explicitly arranged with the Principal.
2. Students are welcome to attend make up classes where possible, for up to 2 classes missed per term.
3. Full payments or first instalments should be paid by the date specified on the invoice. Any late payments will incur a surcharge of £10 if unpaid after 14 days.
4. If a parent wishes to withdraw a student from classes at the school they must give 6 weeks notice in writing to the principal, otherwise 6 weeks fees will be charged.
5. On the occasion that class is cancelled by the teacher due to illness or injury, the school will reschedule the class where possible. If it is not possible to reschedule a class, for which the fees have already been paid, the school will deduct the cost of the class/classes from the following terms bill.
6. Ealing School of Dance will not be held responsible for cancellations for reasons beyond the schools control (e.g. adverse weather) however the class will be rescheduled if possible.
7. All parents/legal guardians are please asked not to enter the studio during class.
8. If someone other than a known parent/legal guardian is collecting the student the school must be informed prior to the class.
9. All students must wear the uniform outlined by the school for every class. These uniforms can be ordered through the school or bought in a dance shop.
10. For health and safety reasons all jewellery (other than small studs) should be removed before class. If you have any queries regarding this please contact the principal.
11. Hair must be off the face, neat and tidy for class. From RAD Primary upwards all students are required to have a ballet bun / or similar hairstyle. If hair is short then it should be securely pulled back with clips or a hairband.
12. In order to assist in a students learning the teacher may physically help the student by using touch. This method will always be performed in a professional and careful manner, with the intention of contact made clear to the student.
health / medical information
13. The principal should be made aware of any medical conditions / health concerns or learning difficulties that may affect your child's learning or ability to perform in class.
14. Any injuries should be made clear to the teacher, prior to or at the start of class.
15. Parents are not permitted to watch the classes as this can be distracting for the students and teacher. Please refrain from watching or filming through doors or windows, to film would be in breach of clause 18. below.
16. At the end of Autumn and Summer Term parents will be invited to watch their children during the designated watching week class.
17. During watching week classes, parents are asked to turn phones onto silent and for any correspondence that is necessary during the class, please leave the studio.
18. The school may wish to take photographs or video of students for marketing and advertisement for Ealing School of Dance including use on: website, social media and flyers. If you do not wish your child to be in any photography or video for any reason please inform the principal.
19. Filming is not permitted by parents, due to copyright and child protection reasons.
20. Photography is permitted during watching week classes, with the consent of all other parents. The teacher will ask permission at the start of every class.
21. Dance is a physical activity and contains a certain amount of risk. Any student taking part in any classes or events, run by Ealing School of Dance do so at their own risk.
22. The timetable is subject to change at any time. Parents/Legal Guardians will be informed of any changes.
23. Any change of contact details or medical information should be sent in writing to the principal.
24. If students and/or parents are in breach of the terms & policies of the school, they may be asked to leave the school and no refund of fees given.
25. Our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding & Child Protection Policies are available upon request from the Principal.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above terms and policies please do not hesitate to contact the principal.