Terms & Policies
Must be accepted by all students, parents, carers or legal guardians.
1. Clients are invoiced for one full term, which can be paid in full or two half termly instalments. All fees are non-refundable and discounts or refunds will not be given for classes missed by the pupil, unless explicitly arranged with the Principal.
2. Students are welcome to attend make up classes where possible, for up to 2 classes missed per term.
3. Full payments or first instalments should be paid by the date specified on the invoice. Any late payments will incur a surcharge of £10 if unpaid after 14 days.
4. If a parent wishes to withdraw a student from classes at the school they must give 4 weeks notice in writing to the principal, otherwise 4 weeks fees will be charged.
5. On the occasion that class is cancelled by the teacher due to illness or injury, the school will reschedule the class where possible. If it is not possible to reschedule a class, for which the fees have already been paid, the school will deduct the cost of the class/classes from the following terms bill.
6. Ealing School of Dance will not be held responsible for cancellations for reasons beyond the schools control (e.g. adverse weather) so no credit will be given, however the class will be rescheduled if and where possible.
7. All parents/legal guardians are please asked not to enter the studio during class.
8. If someone other than a known parent/legal guardian is collecting the student the school must be informed prior to the class.
9. All students must wear the uniform outlined by the school for every class. These uniforms can be ordered through the school or bought in a dance shop.
10. For health and safety reasons all jewellery (other than small studs) should be removed before class. If you have any queries regarding this please contact the principal.
11. Hair must be off the face, neat and tidy for class. From RAD Primary upwards all students are required to have a ballet bun / or similar hairstyle. If hair is short then it should be securely pulled back with clips or a hairband.
12. In order to assist in a students learning the teacher may physically help the student by using touch. This method will always be performed in a professional and careful manner, with the intention of contact made clear to the student.
health / medical information
13. The principal should be made aware of any medical conditions / health concerns or learning difficulties that may affect your child's learning or ability to perform in class.
14. Any injuries should be made clear to the teacher, prior to or at the start of class.
15. Parents are not permitted to watch the classes as this can be distracting for the students and teacher. Please refrain from watching, filming or taking photographs through doors or windows. Any photography or filming would be in breach of clause 19. and 20. below.
16. At the end of Autumn and Summer Term parents will be invited to watch their children during the designated watching week class.
17. During watching week classes, parents are asked to turn phones onto silent and for any correspondence that is necessary during the class, please leave the studio.
18. The school may wish to take photographs or videos of students for marketing and advertisement for Ealing School of Dance including use on: website, social media and flyers. Consent will be recorded and can be withdrawn at any time.
19. Filming is not permitted by parents, due to copyright and child protection reasons.
20. Photography is permitted during watching week classes, with the consent of all other parents. The teacher will ask permission at the start of each class.
21. Parents/Guardians must provide up to date information in order to keep our records in compliance with GDPR regulations.
23. We promise all data and personal information held by Ealing School of Dance about you or your child, will be stored securely and will not be used for purposes other than what is necessary to provide you with our services.
24. Your personal data may be used in regards to:
- Information about our services and activities and news about the school
- To deal with your requests and enquiries, including complaints
- For service administration purposes ( invoices, receipts etc)
- To contact you about an application you have made
- To post any relevant examination document
- Urgent notifications such as cancellations or changes
- Information relevant to your child's progress
25. All parents/guardians will be required to fill a GDPR consent form upon enrolment. And by ticking the marketing consent, you agree to:
- Ealing School of Dance to contact you by email, phone, text or in writing regarding news about the schools services and activities.
- Ealing School of Dance sending any information we deem relevant, by email, phone, text or in writing regarding you or your/child's current or future classes
- Ealing School of Dance to contact you by email, phone, text or in writing regarding services at the school you may find of interest.
Please note consent can be withdrawn at any time by notifying us in writing or using the following email: email@example.com
26. Any medical data stored will be relevant and stored only to ensure we are informed and can provide a safe teaching environment for all.
27. Dance is a physical activity and contains a certain amount of risk. Any student taking part in any classes or events, run by Ealing School of Dance do so at their own risk.
28. The timetable is subject to change at any time. Parents/Legal Guardians will be informed of any changes.
29. Any change of contact details or medical information should be sent in writing to the principal.
30. If students and/or parents are in breach of the terms & policies of the school, they may be asked to leave the school and no refund of fees given.
31. Our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding & Child Protection Policies are available upon request from the Principal.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above terms and policies please do not hesitate to contact the principal.